Recent graduate from NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program (Masters of Professional Studies, 2015) and a professional musician. Highly proficient in programming, problem solving and creative thinking.
- Rasberry Pi
- Shell Scripting
- Pro Tools
- quick learner
- works well with new people
- systematic thinker
Implemented a Full-Stack system for Lab100, an experimental lab for Mt. Sinai hospital. https://www.cactus.is/lab100/
Used React/Redux on the front end with React-Native on an Android Tablet. Used a Node server on the back end.
Sniffed Bluetooth from a medical device using a Raspberry Pi to capture packets and interact with a VR system.
Worked with many different technologies and systems.
Implemented RFID connectivity and data collection for Senac conference in Rio De Janeiro
Used RFID card readers with Raspberry Pi to collect conference data
Set up mongoDB replica sets and utilized nodeJS clustering capabilities
Provided integration with third-party apps
Generated custom emails for conference participants based on daily interaction
Used a character-level Recurrent Neural Network trained on a corpus of LilyPond music notation files to generate sheet music.
Medium.com writeup of my work: http://goo.gl/kknhNo
Implemented a robust Twitter and Instagram hashtag counting charity campaign which raised $1.50 for each use of the hashtag #CJ150 for the Vietnam New Village Program totaling over $40,000
Developed the backend which counted and stored hashtag uses in a PostgreSQL database while live updating a website with the results
Traveled the world as a touring pianist/keyboardist. Toured with Beirut, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Nikka Costa, Zappa Plays Zappa, Mike Doughty, Mike Patton, Priscilla Ahn, LNZNDRF, The National, and currently playing with Grizzly Bear.
Won a Grammy in 2008 for “Best Rock Instrumental” with Zappa Plays Zappa
Many television and radio performances
Designed many solid live-performance instrument setups and rigs
- SOCIAL DATA ANALYSIS - Analyzed social data from social media using Python to implement many different statistical techniques and methods
- GOVERNING DYNAMICS OF SOFTWARE - Designed programming languages while studying existing languages’ biases/strengths
- THESIS - Developed a series of experimental meta-tools to create art/music which utilize ‘invisible’ data from our day-to-day use of technology
- REDIAL - Developed telephone applications using Asterisk (an open source switching and Private Branch Exchange framework for Linux) on remote servers
- API MASHUPS - Developed several one page web applications using popular APIs
- DYNAMIC WEB SERVER DEVELOPMENT - Built and deployed an example Web Server to Heroku using Node.js
- Functional Programming
- Data Science
- Systems Architecture
- Experimental Development
- Self-Driving Cars
- Medical Diagnoses/Predictive Care
- Neural Networks
- Generative Art